Cat Writers’ Association could not survive as a purely volunteer organization with rock-bottom membership fees and high-value services without the monetary support of sponsors. Throughout the years, these sponsors have recognized the importance of our work, and with their assistance we’ve been able to continue our programs, support our members, and celebrate cats with outstanding information provided by our members.
We could never have come so far so quickly, or lasted for two decades, were it not for the support of sponsors. Some supported us early and moved on, others came late and stayed, and ALL are appreciated — most especially those who have been with us through furry thick and thin and are STILL with us today. Take a look at our all-star in progress 2015-16 Sponsor List Here. CWA is eager to “adopt” new sponsors and expand our relationships with existing donors. Cats deserve our best–and you can help make that happen.
SUPPORTING CWA IS A PURR-FECT FIT!
Looking for access to pet industry experts and communicators? Our attendees are the professionals who write books, magazine articles, and blogs. As a sponsor of the CWA contest and/or conference, your company will maximize your marketing dollars. You’ll reap visibility and catch the attention of media, authors, and editors who attend our conference. This is your opportunity to strategically place your brand in front of those active in the publishing world, who are first and foremost readers and consumers of your company’s products!
BACKGROUND: The Cat Writers’ Association, Inc. (CWA) founded in 1992 is a not-for-profit organization that offers networking, education, and support to beginning and professional writers–communicators who have a special interest in cats.
CWA Audience: The combined niche readership/audience of CWA members is measured in the millions, with CWA-ers often focusing their content on special award topics suggested by corporate sponsorship. Pre- and post-event press releases generate hundreds of media/news and social networking impressions, with many of these being maintained indefinitely on the individual’s or organization’s credits listing. Germinder & Associates and GoodNewsForPets.com serves as the CWA’s official PR Firm and News Distribution Channel charged with sharing CWA news and sponsored events with the public.
Member Outreach: CWA worldwide membership approaches 300 special interest writers, bloggers, editors, authors, illustrators, public relations experts, veterinarians, behaviorists, animal welfare professionals, breeders, broadcasters and more. Members remain connected through a real-time communication via a combination of members-only Meow Digital Mews (emailed newsletter), annual directory, Facebook page and E-mail list. We share our expertise with the cat-loving world via the website and blog, CWA branded twitter account and future CWA-branded Google Hangouts featuring publishing/writing topics from members as well as select featured talks by select sponsors and other expert guests.
CWA BRANDED EVENTS
In 2015-2016, CWA expands its reach and programs with more solo and partnership events to increase opportunities for members, sponsors, and cat lovers. Our traditional and hugely popular CWA Contest and Annual Conference remain the anchor events, while the timing of both has changed to better reflect our fiscal/calendar year. This means sponsors receive promotion throughout 2015-2016.
- CONTEST: 2015 marks CWA’s 22th annual Contest, which recognizes the best cat writing/communication of the year. We offer more than 40 awards including the CWA Muse Medallion™ as well as special category niche-topic awards funded by corporate sponsors. See last year’s winners and corporate sponsors here. We can help you create a special award to raise awareness about your product/cause, and CWA also seeks sponsorship(s) for the gala Awards Banquet, the premier event of the year held during the annual CWA Conference.
- CONFERENCE: CWA’s annual educational Conference mentors new writers, and promotes networking among professionals. Our 22nd Conference will be in the Spring 2016 with partnerships, locations and venues confirmed June 2015. We anticipate an audience of 400+ at the 2016 Conference, and seek general and “branded” event sponsorships of breakfast/lunch meetings, individual or entire seminar tracks, receptions and more.
- CWA “Writers Track” debuts at BlogPaws.com Nashville Conference in May 2015.
- CWA members speak/sign books at select Amazing Pet Expo events throughout the year.
- TBD partnerships in other events during 2015-2016: Let’s talk about a CWA presence at your pet-centric conference, cat show, or “virtual” events.
What are you waiting for? Sponsorships are available for all cat-loving budgets. Contact CWA Secretary Wendy Christensen to learn about the latest CWA Sponsorship Package.
We would also like to formally recognize and thank our past conference partnerships and our sister organizations. We truly appreciate the mutual aid and support of these wonderful organizations.