For The Contest Year: 01/01/2021 – 12/31/2021
- All entrants MUST use the online entry form (found on the Contest Information and Important Links page) even if you send a paper copy of your work (books only). Paper and emailed entry forms will no longer be accepted.
- The General Rules and Regular Categories have been overhauled. Please read through the General Rules and Category-specific Descriptions and Rules to ensure your entry meets the requirements. Entries disqualified for not abiding by the rules are nonrefundable.
- If your Category requires three or six specific links on the entry form (Blogs, Social media, Serial works, and Columns), your entry will be deemed incomplete without them. Any entries incomplete after the entry period closes will be disqualified, and the associated entry fees forfeited.
- The Category-specific Rules & Descriptions and Regular Category Scoring Criteria for some Categories (Product reviews, Blogs and Social Media accounts) now emphasize proper FTC disclosures.
- The Category-specific Rules & Descriptions and Regular Category Scoring Criteria now emphasize proper citations: they are mandatory!
- All entered work must be originally published during the contest year. Rewritten material is not eligible for the contest – no matter the percentage of new content in the rewritten piece.
- In past years, an entrant could enter each piece of work (such as a Book, Article, Blog/website, etc.) in only ONE Regular Contest Category. This year, works that are substantially the same (more than 80% similar) may NOT be entered in multiple categories. Please see the General Rules, #11, for examples of similar items an entrant may only enter once.
- To contact the Contest Chair, please email her at email@example.com.
- All judges must sign the Judging Expectations and Agreement this year to be eligible for the Discounted Professional Member/Volunteer Judge Rate.
- One of the Agreement requirements for Judges includes attending a Judge’s Zoom meeting (or watching a recording of the session).
- All-new scoring sheets will be used this year via Google Docs. Judges will receive instructions on how to use these sheets.
- This year, specific and detailed feedback is required for all entries scored below 80. Scores below 50 require discussion with the Contest Chair. Failure to abide by these rules may violate the Judge’s Agreement and prevent you from taking advantage of the Discounted Professional Member/Volunteer Judge Rate.
To access the Important Changes document in Google Doc (and printable) form, please visit: 2022 CWA Communications Contest Important changes: Please read!