For The Contest Year: 01/01/2022 – 12/31/2022
- In the regular categories, entry limits are abolished. However, please only submit your best work.
- In the special categories, an entry may be entered in as many special categories as the entry qualifies for.
- For the regular and special categories, entries must be 66% or 80% cat-specific. Applicability to cats IS NOT sufficient.
- The Category-specific Rules & Descriptions and Regular Category Scoring Criteria now emphasize that all images and photography must be credited. If your final work does not contain credits on the images or citations (because it’s published on a third-party website), please submit these as a separate file on the entry form.
- The regular category scoring criteria have been updated.
- All entry materials in the regular and special categories must be digital. No paper entries are allowed for any category.
- The scoring criteria for the social media categories now state that a preference in judging will be given to social media accounts that provide unique, stand-alone content over social media accounts that consistently link to content elsewhere.
- The scoring criteria for F.4 – Book: Illustration-focused and F.5 – Book: Written word-focused have been amended to emphasize that those categories are appropriate for books for children AND young adults.
- Due to a lack of entries:
- Anthologies are now part of F.6 – Specialty-bound material.
- Articles related to pedigreed cats are now included in the relevant category of their domestic counterparts. Cat show-related articles should be entered in A.4 – Enrichment and Lifestyle.
- Wild felines are folded into A.10 – Other. Rescue and advocacy-related articles about wild felines should still be entered in A. 8 – Rescue & Advocacy.
- Sci-Fi/fantasy fiction books should be entered in F.2 – Fiction – Other.
- Except for Anthologies entered in F.6 – Specialty-bound material, editors may no longer be listed as entrants.
To contact the Contest Chair, please email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.